Fallout: New Vegas
Also, the wiki provides this warning:
If switched to the Wild Wasteland trait in the Old World Blues add-on and you have already obtained the YCS/186 gauss rifle, the alien blaster will still remain unobtainable.
If the blaster is unobtainable for you, you can use the console cheat to get it anyway:
- Press the ~ button to open the console
- Type player.additem 4322 1 (the 1 is for 1 blaster)
- Press ENTER
- Type player.additem 29364 1000 (1000 is for 1000 ammo clips)
- Press ENTER and press the ~ button to close the console
- Check your inventory that everything is okay, then save your game and exit.
- Restart the game and achievements / goals will be reactivated. (they deactivate whenever you open the console, even if you do not type a code)
[Edited by TalonKarde, 8/22/2011 9:04:22 AM]
It was one of the traits you could choose back when you were starting when Doctor Mitchell healed was asking those questions.
I believe you can also get it in level ups, but I'm not sure about this.