I have a suggestions to make about us lefties. Every time a trainer is using the kp ins/numpad 0 button for a function, I have to create a custom keymap file. Nowadays its almost all trainers. This really becomes very tedious at some point. So I had two suggestions to create a more user friendly altnernate usage function for us lefties.
Most of the time, I dont really need to remap all buttons, just the numpad 0 button, becoz I always use that for the jump function in games. But instead of remapping, wouldn't it be easier to just make the buttons only function with control or alt in front of them? So instead of numpad 0 toggling freeze enemies (for example in Batman Arkham Asylum I'm using right now), I would have to use control+numpad 0 to freeze enemies.
Because mostly us lefties use the numpad 0 button for jumping, you could choose to shift only this button, or all buttons, whichever would be easier to program for you guys. I think the extra button usage would far outweigh making a custom key map for every trainer, which can be a real pain in the proverbial @ss most of the time. So, here are the suggestions:
1. Create a function in the trainer that will shift the trainer to a lefties friendly usage, for example a button on the trainer we have to click on or a combination of buttons. Or both. So I press, say control+t, all functions of the trainer only function if I press the control button first. Usage would be like this: start trainer, hit a combination of buttons in the trainer, start game, use alternate mapping with control added in front of every function.
2. If you think this would make things too complicated for most casual users, create one file that would just add the need for the control button in front of every function, if youre a leftie like me, we could download this file and put it in any folder with a trainer in it to shift the functions to a lefties friendly usage. I have one folder where I put all my gamefiles, like trainers and patches/upgrades, so I would put this file in that folder and use any trainer from ch from then on in the alternate mode.
Benefits of this for you guys:
In the past we lefties would have to play games with our right hands, because most of the time there wasn't even the possibility to remap buttons in games, but nowadays almost all games let you remap buttons. So if games can be lefties friendly, why not trainers? Doing something like this would give you guys the credit and respect from all lefties for being the first. And perhaps more of us would become paying members. It would be a real shame if some other group or site would do something like this and get away with the credit for it. I hope you will at least consider this, please?
Thanks for your attention.
[Edited by cranez, 3/15/2011 4:30:54 PM]
So the numbers on the number pad come into play, since you can use num lock to switch between the numbers or arrow keys/pageup,etc.
Functions keys could be used, but even these days the Function keys are used for other purposes, so it also brings down the possibilities
So let's say we have a trainer with three functions, to keep it simple. It would look like this:
numpad 0 = god mode
numpad 1 = infinite ammo
numpad 2 = jump very high
But then there is a button on the trainer, for example called "alternate mapping", and then it would look like this instead:
control + numpad 0 = god mode
control + numpad 1 = inf. ammo
control + numpad 2 = jump very high
Anyway, if you guys think this is non-doable, then I'm already happy with customizability.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem