Fallout: New Vegas Discussion
How can you tell which version of the game Steam has updated you to? For the life of me, I cannot figure out where the version number is displayed/stored.
I'm playing (some) version of game from Steam and have tried all three versions of the trainers.
18.104.22.168 kinda-sorta works, but behaves oddly
22.214.171.1248 causes the game to crash
126.96.36.1991 recognizes the game is present, but none of the keys actually do anything
right click and use the properties of the FalloutNV.exe at the new window click on "details"
If you are having problems with the trainer then read the Link Trainer Trouble Shooting Guide. Also read the instructions that come with the trainer to.
Hopefully that helps.
[Edited by Lord-Servius, 10/24/2010 1:32:24 AM]
About an hour after I posted the initial question I started receiving an update from Steam for FNV. When I checked this morning the "new" version of FNV I had was 188.8.131.521 -- and the newest trainer seems to work fine now.
It never occurred to me to check the version number of the actual executable -- which is pretty embarrassing since I'm a programmer. :-)
1. Launch Fallout New Vegas
2. From the Main Menu, select Settings.
3. From that menu, click on Display.
4. You Game version NO# is displayed on the bottom left of the screen.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem