I hadn't played Fallout NV in a while and when I logged into Steam it said it was changing the file formats to something "more efficient." Now when I try and use the trainer I get odd results such as when I try to pick up items I have found it suddenly makes say 10 rounds of 9mm into 999 rounds. Also, I am getting lock ups as well and I have to task manager out of the game and start again. Anybody else?
Any reply? Not only for me but for DGrant? Please... Thx in advance. A. If you want send a PM (I want to know if this trainer -considering what DGrant said- is working with the last steam edition of Fallout New Vegas OR Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition [10 euro more: which one have I to buy?]). Thx again.
@DGrant2561, this is caused by using unlimited ammo. I've worked around this by firing the gun once then using no reload (no reload automatically turns on unlimited ammo, just turn off unlimited ammo after firing). This should resolve the 999 loot items.
After try and error, I found few things that would minimize the game frm crashing
Most of the crashes were contributed by 'No Reload' and 'Unlimited Ammo'
Numpad 2: Bottlecaps Numpad 4: No Reload Numpad 5: Unlimited Ammo
1. Disable 'Unlimited Ammo' for shooting Enable Num 4 will automatically enable Num 5
Thus after using Num 4, I shot an ammo; automatically increasing the amt of ammo to 999 and then disable Num 5 option (now No Reload is ON and Unlimited Ammo is OFF)
Occasionally I will reduce the amount of ammo I have to half of the amount eg: 400 ammo from 999
2. Disable 'No Reload' and 'Unlimited Ammo' when doing a purchase
When you buy something and increase your caps using Num 2; always make sure to disable Num 4 & Num 5 first before doing a transaction
Doing this will AVOID your caps automatically changed to 999 and any items you and the 'Seller' have to 999
I found that having your ammo/items too much is also one of the reason the game keep crashing
3. Numpad 8: Unlimited AP - This option has diff meaning than what I thought - in VATS mode, it doesn't give you unlimited AP - Once you've released your VATS mode, pressing Num 8 will REFILL your AP instantly
4. Numpad 3: Encumberance - The moment you load your game, if you have too much items, it will say you are encumbered - Enable Num 3 won't instantly remove the Encumberance - You need to reduce an item frm your inventory and automatically the Encumberance option will take effect
5. Disable your internet connection before playing and starting the trainer - Somehow when I'm offline, I don't hv much problem with the game
6: Reduce the amount IF you hv 999 amt with any of the items - If I hv any ammo increased to 999, I will reduce them to half. Not sure if it really helps
Im also have problems with the trainer, when I save the game my player is ontop of the level, Im floating in the air and cant get down, Also ive finding it crashes the game a lot, some features seem to not work 100% like unlimited AP. and the bionic thing to make u fun fast acts up. im using the steam Fallout New Vegas Ultimate. maybe thats why?