Couldn't help but scroll across a fair few posts out of the Petrol Heads topics.
Im bringing the club back and will claim the title of Petrol Heads Founder and - of course - will share this title with the same individual that kicked it off with me years ago, given he wants it..
I think we all know who im talking about.
(For those who dont, its Chingy)
Let this be the topic for all to post in with any regards to both:
- Real life views, personal opinions, preferences, experiences or questions to do with anything that is automotive.
- Gaming within the racing genre and discussion/comparison of such games.
I will do my best to answer any questions focusing on real life and hopefully Chingy can help out more in the gaming region..
PM me if you are interested in becoming a Petrol Heads Member.
[Edited by N1YTR0, 10/18/2010 11:26:02 PM]
I think it's pretty cool. I know both my parents could drive to work and back every day without using any gas. $40,000 for a non-luxury car isn't cheap but my dad's van cost that much anyway so it'd be huge savings. My mom's car is only $20,000 so she'd start saving money in 10 or so years.
I told my mom about the Volt a couple months ago and she said she wouldn't mind getting one in a few years.
Cant say i know much about the specs of this car but i have seen it about a little..
I would like to know more about this whole "being powered by three engines simultaneously" thing..
Also heard that it isn't 100% electric and there was alot of hype about the dramatisation in the headlines it made about being a pure range when really it isnt.
I'd definately look into it further though..
The whole gas thing reminds me of a 4-page spread i seen in the paper the other day about the new E series 3 HSV's running gas... It really caught my eye.
Didn't give out much information but this is what i can remember of it from the top of my head:
- 2 tanks, 1 70L tank for petrol and 1 70L tank for their new LPI.
(Liquified Petroleum Injection that enters the chamber as a liquid rather than a gas)
- LED lights in dash to show fuel levels of both tanks
- 60% expected decrease in cost to run a V8
- Automatic crossover from use of lpi+petrol to petrol solely once revs exceed 4000rpm due to harshness of gas on engine compared to petrol providing a much better lubrication.
The only thing i wasn't quite sure on was the look of them.
Also said something about FPV being right on their tail and soon releasing a similar setup except - of course - with more power. 350kW.
I'm gonna watch the American one for the first season for sure. As long as they have their own flavour and are brutally honest about the cars (which could be problematic considering they're American) it has a chance.
What racing games are you guys planning on getting in the near future?
I have a pre-order on NFS Hot Pursuit and I'm thinking of getting F1 2010 at some point.
[Edited by SuperSkyline89, 10/19/2010 4:25:21 PM]
Ive got my eye on a few games ive been wanting to try out such as NFS HP and Forza..
In related news Amazon shipped my copy of the Season 13 DVD today. Should have it tomorrow, can't wait for Top Gear Season 13 in HD!
[Edited by SuperSkyline89, 10/19/2010 7:47:45 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem