Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour
To Run Game as Admin: Right click on the launcher icon or game icon and then property and then find the Compatibility and then locate the check box with "Run this program as the administrator" which show under the Privilege Level If you dont want it to run as admin just undo the guide I show you.
[Edited by Kakashi117, 10/21/2010 11:33:41 PM]
1. Run the game... It will show the blue window (the one which appears when u start the game.) ... the game will abruptly end.
2. Open Documents / My Documents folder... Search for Zero Hour Data Folder... Open it
3. create an empty txt file, rename the txt file to options.ini
4. Open the options.ini, copy and paste the below and save it..
AntiAliasing = 3
BuildingOcclusion = yes
DynamicLOD = no
ExtraAnimations = yes
GameSpyIPAddress = 184.108.40.206
Gamma = 50
IPAddress = 220.127.116.11
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
LanguageFilter = true
MaxParticleCount = 5000
MusicVolume = 0
Resolution = 1280 960
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 29
SFXVolume = 26
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
ShowSof****erEdge = yes
ShowTrees = yes
StaticGameLOD = High
TextureReduction = 0
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseCloudMap = yes
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
UseLightMap = yes
UseShadowDecals = yes
UseShadowVolumes = yes
VoiceVolume = 38
Note: Change resolution
5. Right click on game shortcut on desktop, go to compatibility window and click on "Windows XP SP3" and Run as administrator and then click on apply.
6. Now run the game from the shortcut.
Thought id get this old fun game out of my game drawer and go and play some good old rts as now they don't really exist anymore and well I tried everything the previous poster suggested and I got nothing except this error:
"You have encountered a serious error. Serious errors can be causes by
many things including viruses, overheated hardware and hardware that
does not meet the minimum specifications for the game.Please visit
So which makes me sad I really felt like playing it once again.
obviously it not the hardware I set it to xp sp3 and administrator and added options.ini with the text also changed the resolution from bigger to smaller added it to exclusions as kaspersky gave a pop up if I wanted to allow the .exe and also some affinity in Task Manager so kinda out of ideas here, anyone got a light bulb hanging up there?
Its a fault with W7 not allowing the game so store data, but if its still giving you an error reinstall, it could be all messed up from mods or a crack for another version of the game ect.