Also, Adam Sandler is the young comedian dynamic.
1. Young comedian feels the need to be edgy and risque. This is funny because edgy and risque is funny.
2. Young comedian is now famous and thinks that he is a real actor and tries serious roles. Inevitably, young comedian isn't a real actor and these movies suck.
3. Young comedian has children and wants to do kids movies too. But he's young comedian, not wholesome father-figure.
4. Young comedian goes back to trying to be edgy and risque. But young comedian is now middle age and what is edgy and risque to his sensibilities is stupid.
5. In desperation, with mounting financial commitments, young comedian becomes a mockery of himself and does endless sequels and voice-acting roles.
Eddie Murphy did the same thing and Ben Stiller is at the same point in the process as Adam Sandler.