You could've used the keys a lot sooner, I had at least 1 blog about WoT CB and I had WoT CB poster under my personal comment...
Anyways, enjoy the game. If you like terribly long and painful grinds for new equipment and tanks its your game.
Just a few tips:
1. Russian tanks have firepower, German tanks have armor, US tanks are there to fill the numbers.
2. T44 and Panther tanks are trolls. Very fast, both are very maneuverable and pack a punch. Although its really easy to knock Panther's modules out so people play with T44s more.
3. Stay in cover. Arty will rape you if you stay on the open for too long, no matter which tank you use. It is also very overpowered and too accurate for WW2 era.
4. Russian heavy tank IS3 is death on tracks. Epic tank.
5. Never rush in alone. Specially not if you're playing with a Tank Destroyer.
6. You get 150 gold each day you log in. With it you buy premium account which grants you +50% experience and credits per battle. I suggest you save gold each day for 17 days and buy 30 days premium account. In the end you'll get 4500 gold and you only need 2500 gold for a month of premium account which leaves you with 2000 gold extra.
7. Do not moan on the forums about anything. You'll get a 48 hours ban no matter if you're right or wrong.