1) Nothing is pointless? How about flies, toe nails and the Mac computer? Also I'm not a relativist. Nothing cannot have two truths for one thing.
2) Belief in a God does not stunt human progression. You are confusing [believing in God] and [turning a blind eye to logic]. Believing in God doesn't mean you have to turn away from logic.
3) So billions of people have a mental disorder? Also, how about the Atheists who turned to religion? They weren't brought up with religion and I'm willing to bet that they don't have a mental disorder.
5) God is logical. Consider this statement. "Just assume that an advanced alien race created all the planets, gravity and everything we have today. Therefore, that alien race is more advanced and smarter than us. So if you are an Atheist...does that mean "nothing" is smarter than all of human intellect?" Therefore, how is it possible for the matter of nothing to create something that we as humans cannot understand? The only logical explanation of something being created that we cannot understand, is that the creator of these things is outside of our logic, just like the creation is outside of our logic.
6) Ooo...I'd love to hear how believing in God can be dangerous to the mind. Please...do tell. :) Sure, religion may be dangerous to the mind...but only an over indulgence of said subject. Actually, when you think about it...an over indulgence of science could be dangerous to the mind. With religion or science, one can easily become obsessed with their work and from there, it's all down hill.